"If i like to investigate something, or get to know a person better, I do it through photography. As long as I get an emotional response, I will keep shooting photos."
She is a self-taught photographer.
She has been working in the field of photography for 20 years, within the editorial and advertising fields.
Simultaneously she has been developing self-initiated art projects on the side.
The camera serves as a passport for travelling to different situations and subjects. She works following her wishes and curiosity.
"If i like to investigate something, or get to know a person better, I do it through photography. As long as I get an emotional response, I will keep shooting photos." - She says.
In publishing she has worked for clients such as: The Observer (The Guardian), El Dorado Experience, Vogue Spain, Architectural Digest (AD), Tentaciones, Les Inrocks and very closely with El País Semanal (El País).
Advertising campaigns for: Uniqlo, Fly Emirates, Diesel, Adidas, Vodafone, Virgin, Ikea, Desigual, El Corte Inglés, Carolina Herrera, etc.
Leila has been the FNAC New Talent Photo 2002: Travelling solo exhibition in Fnac centers in Spain, France and Portugal (2003-2005).
She has participated in several exhibitions:
- Mediateca Centre Cultural de la Fundació La Caixa.
- Exposición Silenci. Sala Iguapop 2005.
- Llámalo foto. Fnac 2006-2007.
- Crossing. 080 FashionWeek Barcelona.
- Lo Que Llevo Dentro Galería Fernando Pradilla. Madrid. 2011.
- Solo exhibition at the International art photography festival Les Rencontres d'Arles. Arles, France. 2008.
Curator of the exhibition: Luis Venegas.
Guest curator of the festival: Christian Lacroix.
- Exhibition for the Waldorf-Steiner School at Principal Art Gallery. Barcelona 2013.
- A Cop d´Ull. Palau de la Virreina. Barcelona. 2013.
- Utopía Photo Market. Barcelona. 10, 11 y 12 June, 2016.
- Workshops at Escuela Idep, Espai Català Roca, 2017.